Saturday, February 16, 2013

Sugar Research:

I decided today I would find a credible article online that was recent and well researched.

This was one that was recent (2011) and caught my interest:
Is Sugar Toxic?- NYTimes.com

There is no definitive answer to the question of "whether or not sugar is toxic," as there is no "hard evidence" yet pinpointing sugar as the main culprit to obesity and disease. It does however make some very well researched claims and presents very moving evidence that it is highly likely that sugar is a main cause for obesity and many diseases, and that it is something that should be lowered for optimal health.

Reading this article re-affirmed my decision to cut back/cut out refined sugars from my diet and be more conscious of the foods that enter my body because of the consequences that could come along with it.

Does this mean that after Lent is over I'm not going to eat chocolate ever again?

Heck no. Of course I am going to eat chocolate.

Just probably not the whole bag any more.

-k

No comments:

Post a Comment